This would be a video interview, these tips might be handy
- Webcam: Just make sure you have a working webcam. If it’s not built-in you might need to buy/borrow a USB webcam you can plug in
- Headphone/Headset for Audio: This is perhaps the most important piece. You want to be using a reasonable quality headset (not the built in Laptop Microphone, usually they are worse than even the cheap headsets).
I use a simple USB headset for myself.
- Background: Make sure you don’t have anything in the background you don’t want to be seen 🙂
A homey background is actually fine, so don’t feel like it needs to look professional or anything. Candid actually works better!
- Lighting: Ideally there should be lighting on your face (NOT behind you, else the face just looks dark)
One easy way is to be facing a window with natural light coming in.
- Interview is scheduled for 1-hour but may take less time than that
- Interview would be three phases
- Setup: Test all equipment and just loosen up 🙂
- Main Interview: This is the main interview that will end up as the final recording
- Wrap-up: We can discuss any follow-up items (e.g. any links that need to be included with the interview based on what was discussed)
Here is a list of sample questions. If you have a specific Question/Topic that you would want to be covered during the interview, just let me know.
- Hook/Showcase: We often show a sneak-peek of the showcase at the very beginning to hold the reader’s interest. The showcase can be a Power BI Dashboard, Report or a Tip/Technique that you would be sharing
- How and when did you get started with Power BI?
(in all my communication – including here – Power BI includes PowerPivot & PowerQuery)
- What were the challenges you/your organization were facing before you discovered Power BI?
- How has Power BI helped (or can help) with these challenges?
- What are the challenges that still remain?
(perhaps outside the scope of Power BI, that Power BI cannot solve)
- Your advice for someone starting out on the Power BI journey?
- How do you deal with overwhelm?
- What is your opinion of the IT vs. Business divide?