This would be a video interview, these tips might be handy
- Webcam: Just make sure you have a working webcam. If it’s not built-in you might need to buy/borrow a USB webcam you can plug in
- Headphone/Headset for Audio: This is perhaps the most important piece. You want to be using a reasonable quality headset (not the built in Laptop Microphone, usually they are worse than even the cheap headsets).
I use a simple USB headset for myself.
- Background: Make sure you don’t have anything in the background you don’t want to be seen 🙂
A homey background is actually fine, so don’t feel like it needs to look professional or anything. Candid actually works better!
- Lighting: Ideally there should be lighting on your face (NOT behind you, else the face just looks dark)
One easy way is to be facing a window with natural light coming in.
- Interview is scheduled for 1-hour but may take less time than that
- Interview would be three phases
- Setup: Test all equipment and just loosen up 🙂
- Main Interview: This is the main interview that will end up as the final recording
- Wrap-up: We can discuss any follow-up items (e.g. any links that need to be included with the interview based on what was discussed)